https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Monday, June 27, 2011

Honoring the Bride

   It was a picture perfect day. After weeks of blistering heat, we finally awoke to a day where the temperatures were moderate and the humidity was lower than normal. It felt like bliss. It was also a joy to open my home to the bride from Texas and her sweet momma and sister and friends from near and far. The bride is every bit as beautiful as I had heard she would be. And not just on the outside. It was an honor to bless her and to pray for her.
   The hostesses and I were able to pull off a fabulous party and also have a bit of fun because the groom's mother (a dear friend) invited the perfect crowd. And no doubt the Peach Bellini's contributed to the merriment. I don't have pictures yet of the guests, but here are a few details of the decor.  
A simple boxwood wreath with cream colored
 satin ribbons on the front door

Entry hall table featured the bride's wedding invitation and
a vintage cake topper from the 1920's
 
I told you in another post that I polished a lot of silver. I wasn't lying.

Creating this centerpiece was so much fun. I
pretended like I was on Project Runway, except that
I used a glue gun instead of needle and thread.
I used a wrought iron dress form I purchased at Hobby Lobby,
bits of antique lace I had accumulated over the years, and and then elevated the dress
on blocks of oasis. Finally, I filled the base of this bride with a wreath of spray roses in
varying shades of pink accented with more hydrangeas. Don't you just love her?!
We also used our antique china and real linen napkins.
It didn't matter that the china patterns didn't match.
The hydrangeas are in full bloom here and nothing is prettier. These were picked from
a friend's yard. The tall Russian sage set them off beautifully.

When guests arrived, we offered them the choice of a Peach Bellini or peach iced tea,
accompanied by a Nashville favorite, a "cheese dream."
This is a stack of real love letters. My father-in-law wrote my mother-in-law
every day during their long distance courtship while she was away at
a girl's finishing school and he was a student at Vanderbilt. 
Another one my vintage cake toppers! 


These incredible petit fours were the final flourish that ended the meal.
Guess where the missing petit four went?!

1 comment :

  1. Thanks for linking up to Bridal Talk Tuesday!

    I'm loving this post! The bride centerpiece is incredible! You're very talented.

    Yumm...I love petit fours. We just served them at our engagement party.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!