https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

New Every Morning

   I do not have many gloomy days, but yesterday was gloomy outside and there was some angst rolling around in my head and heart, as well. I have been working through Beth Moore's Breaking Free with my "Ish" Girls Bible Study and we are getting toward the end. Rather than lightening up, things are getting heavier. I know that I have been feeling the weight of confronting some of the "vain things that charm me most," and have actually been verbalizing some of these things that I am seeing with family and friends. It is never a pretty process to look inward at the places that have held you captive or to be willing to look at the devastating lies that you have somehow believed. Performance. Appearance. Possessions. Those are my big "three." Some days they are little foxes nipping at my heels and some days they are big bears who are chasing me down. And most thankfully, there are days these three are just words on a page with little or no power over me. As I walk forward to that place of freedom that I believe will be and is already mine, I am so thankful for a God who leads me beside the still waters to restore my soul, a God who goes before me in victory and makes me victorious as well, and a God who will present me pure and spotless and without blemish before the throne of grace and mercy. I am so thankful for His mercies that are new every morning...new every morning. The chorus is ringing through my head and heart. Great is His faithfulness. Great is Thy faithfulness...morning by morning new mercies I see. All I have needed His hand has provided. Great is Thy faithfulness, Lord unto me.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!