https://static.cliqueme.com/cliqueme-latest.min.js

Friday, October 8, 2010

Show Me Some Etsy Love

  I have just the place for this little gem! And the seller also happens to be a friend of mine. I am hoping to wrangle an invitation to her Christmas show again. I picked up several beautifully made goodies there last year: soap in the shape of snowflakes, Christmas pillows, and a couple of original oils by another gifted Nashville artist.

   I am living proof that you can teach an old dog new tricks (or a few anyway)... I have just learned to knit. My mother and my friends have been helping me get started. Thus far, I am only a one-stitch wonder, which means I am making lots of scarves, but I am planning on taking a class this winter to help me further develop my skills. In the meantime, I just might have to buy something like this that would look oh so precious on either Little One or Little Two.


   After a morbidly hot summer, I am thankful for the cooler mornings that remind me of the changing seasons. And although winter is not my favorite season, who doesn't love a good snow?! While envisioning winter landscapes, I was thinking that these would make for a beautiful tablescape.
  

     And when I spied this little treasure, I was almost tempted to go back to my smocking and french hand sewing days! The only problem there is that I gave my sewing machine away!
Oh well, that's what might be on my Christmas list! HINT HINT!

1 comment :

  1. friend, you have good taste! I love thos etea lights and did your friend do those pillows? would love to have one!! i like this post with all the visuals--good stuff!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. We appreciate your input and feedback! Have a blessed day!